|Terms of Purchase
Three Convenient Ways to Order: OnLine Shopping, Mail Orders, Email Orders.
Carnivorous Plant Nursery
13763 John Cline Road
Smithsburg, MD 21783
- Three Easy Ways to Order:
- Mail-in order form. Print out order form in html, or .pdf format, complete and mail. Check, Money Order or Company/School Purchase Orders, or Carnivorous Plant Nursery Gift Certificates Only.
- Send email request. Provide complete ordering and shipping information. Send payment separately. Check or Money Order Only. email@example.com
- OnLine Shopping. Visit our secure OnLine Store for credit card orders.
- Minimum order $20.00. We currently accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), cash, checks, money orders, company/school purchase orders, and Carnivorous Plant Nursery Gift Certificates only. Paypal payments can also be may, but contact us first. All funds in $US. Payment is required prior to shipment. Orders are shipped when payment is received. Personal checks returned by your bank for Insufficient Funds may incur a Returned Check Service Charge of $25.00.
- Orders are usually shipped on Tuesdays, the first week after payment is received. During busy seasons, shipping may occur on Wednesday also and/or the second week after payment clears. Materials are generally shipped Priority Mail with the United States Postal Service (USPS). Note: FedEx 2nd Day is a shipping method, not an indication of shipping date. For RUSH orders, add the RUSH order charge, and send an email to us indicating your request for rush order. Paid orders can be picked up at the nursery, by calling ahead and making an appointment. Plants are shipped bare-root, wrapped in sphagnum moss and shipped in plastic bags. Plants and non-plant items are shipped year round. Non-plant items may be shipped in a separate package from live plants. Winter and Summer plant orders are shipped at the buyer's risk, and orders may be withheld until suitable weather permits shipment. Plants shipped in late Fall, Winter or early Spring may be in dormant state.
- Shipping-And-Handling Rates
- Shipping-and-handling charges will be added to your purchase based on the total order. Rates may be changed at any time. If the shipping costs exceed the amount charged for shipping, an additional adjustment may be added to the original charge.
||Priority Mail, USPS
||FedEx and UPS, 2nd Day
||Global Priority Mail, USPS
- International Orders
- Seeds, Educational Materials and other non-plant items may be shipped worldwide. Live plants are not shipped outside the USA. All payments must be with US dollars. There is a charge for currency conversion. Send email first to coordinate charges and shipping arrangements. International credit card orders must be pre-arranged via email. Educational Materials and other non-plant items can be shipped internationally without special requirements. International orders are shipped at buyer’s risk.
- We reserve the right to upgrade or provide an equivalent portion of a different size and/or substitute plants or materials temporarily out-of-stock, unless customer indicates no substitutes. Substitutes are of greater or equal value.
- All plants are guaranteed true to name, live and in good condition upon arrival (other than winter or summer orders) or free replacement of lost plants, if notified within three days. Whereas Carnivorous Plants require unique growing conditions, and as we cannot control your growing conditions, we only guarantee as earlier described. The possibility of extreme temperatures during transit is beyond our control, therefore, winter and summer orders are shipped at the buyer's risk, and orders may be withheld until suitable weather permits shipment. Orders returned to us because of customer's error in address, expires the guarantee. Reasonable effort will be made to correct the error. Such returned items that arrive in poor health or dead may be replaced with live healthy material at the cost to the customer. Reasonable effort is made to support the live delivery of fruitfly cultures and mosquitofish, but they are shipped at the buyer's risk. A free replacement of the culture or fish will be sent for a shipment arriving dead, if notified within 3 days, and upon receipt of original shipment.
- In the event of the need to return a item, you must first contact Carnivorous Plant Nursery, by email or phone within three days, and get a Return Authorization (RA). Refunds are given only with an RA, and when the item is returned healthy and/or in its original condition, and received within five business days of the RA. Refunds do not include original Shipping and Handling charges. Return postage is the customer's responsibility. There is a restocking fee of 25% for all returned items. Refunds are for store credit only.
- Cancelling an Order
- Orders may be cancelled only before they are shipped, and when notice is given to Carnivorous Plant Nursery by email or phone.
- Customer Satisfaction Policy
- Our goal is to serve each customer as nearly as we can to his or her satisfaction, in a friendly and courteous manner; to provide quality material; to be fair and reasonable with each concern, complaint or adjustment; and be considerate of the customer's point of view.
- Sales Tax
- Sales Tax of 6% applies to all orders and shipments in Maryland.
- Your privacy is important to us. Customer information is for the use of Carnivorous Plant Nursery only, will be handled in a safe, secure, and reasonable manner, and will not be shared with others.